20 Surprising Health Benefits of Turmeric:
Turmeric is an herbal seasoning often added to recipes for the golden color it gives to food. The turmeric plant has a long history of medicinal use as well, and has been used to ease heartburn and stomach ulcers.
This amazing herb has many benefits to our health, it has become a must in almost every kitchen pantry to keep ourselves and families full of energy and health. Check out the extremely good benefits it promotes:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns. If you make homemade soap, adding several teaspoons of turmeric to it will not only dial up its color, but will boost its skin-friendly benefits as well.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has been shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevents breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. Prevents melanoma and cause cell death in existing melanoma cells.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier. The liver detoxifies the blood through the production of enzymes and turmeric increases production of these vital enzymes. These vital enzymes break down and reduce toxins in the body. Turmeric also is believed to invigorate and improve blood circulation. All of these factors support good liver health.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain. A clinical trial using curcumin extract published in the Journal of Neurochemistry found a 30 percent decrease in the size of Alzheimer’s-associated brain plaque in treated mice — in only one week.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer. The active components in turmeric make it one of the best protectors against radiation-induced tumors. It also has a preventive effect against tumor cells such as T-cell leukemia, colon carcinomas, and breast carcinomas.
CLICK OPEN OR NEXT TO READ MORE